Parents play an essential part in their child’s enjoyment, encouraging and
supporting their child’s participation, success and fun in Rowing.
Children and young people take greater enjoyment from participating any sport if their parents are positively involved.
Parents are important to sport because they can:
• encourage their children to take up, enjoy, and achieve in their sport
• support their children in practical ways – such as by providing transport or buying kit
• become coaches, helpers and volunteers within the club
• provide positive role models for children through their own behaviour
• help out with things such as club websites and fundraising
• support and motivate their child and their crew
• reinforce positive aspects of sports participation
Please see the Rowing Ireland website for further information